Monday, January 27, 2014

kale salad



I've had grand plans these past couple of weeks to eat really healthy. We already eat healthy but I've been wanting to eat even healthier especially after the holidays and vacation.

I'll stock up on a week's worth of organic fruits and vegetables from my favorite market with the goal of creating these amazingly, healthy dishes. My plan is always to cook our meals on Sunday so that all we have to do during the week is heat up dinner. Having dinner already made for the week is a genius idea especially after a long day at work, and we would also have leftovers for lunch, but for whatever reason this whole cooking thing on Sunday never happens. No big deal I'll just cook on Monday. Well, I usually have a case of the Mondays on Monday and cooking is one of the last things I want to do. By the time Tuesday comes around I've really lost all motivation for this idea of healthy eating. The week has either gotten too busy, or I've gotten too lazy, but really I think it's because it's too cold to do anything except order take out, cuddle under a blanket and drink. And lets be honest, I'd rather be eating this then something healthy anyway.

But since I'm not one to waste food I have to do something with all of the veggies in my fridge. One of the things I've been buying a lot of is kale. I love kale, especially kale salads so that's what I've been making- not exactly cooking but at least it's healthy eating. I've made kale salads before but I wanted to find a recipe that was more in tune with the season. I found this kale, clementine and feta salad from cookie and kate and the added pomegranate seeds make it perfect for winter.

Do you have a favorite kale recipe? I'd love for you to share!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum!! My faves are Dr. Oz's Green Smoothie (I swear one of them has kale in it!)and THIS that I have been living off of for a week: http://www.food.com/recipe/potato-kale-enchiladas-with-roasted-chili-sauce-312736

Rosa said...

Kale in enchiladas? That sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to have to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing, Staci!