Wednesday, April 23, 2014

good advice

I've been absent from blogging for way too long and I'm sorry that my first post in a while is all "woe is me" but it's been one of those weeks. The really frustrating part is that it's just one thing that has made this week kind of miserable. I know I could choose to let it affect me differently but sometimes one thing can just ruin everything. It really sucks that instead of empowering others that people (or, in my case, a certain person) can selfishly take power from you- feeling helpless and weak is not a good feeling at all and that's how I'm kind of feeling right now. I know it will get better which is why I had to just put it out there. Sometimes saying (or writing) things out loud makes you feel so much better. It's true. As I'm finishing this post I feel a huge sense of relief- I'm doing what I have to do until I can do what I want to do. This situation isn't permanent, it's just for right now. As long as I keep taking action and creating my happy things will get better.

Ebert is out of town, so tonight I'll be enjoying some solitude, drinking a gin cocktail, ordering Thai food and creating some happy!


No comments: