Monday, May 19, 2014

poland

Ebert and I are going to Poland in June and we're beyond excited! There's a work conference in Krakow that Ebert will be attending and I'll just be tagging along. Do you want to know the best part? Ebert's oldest and dearest friend lives 45 minutes outside of Krakow with his family. We haven't seen Matt and Natalia in a few years and we've never met their 4 year-old daughter Gabriella, so when this opportunity presented itself we could not pass it up. It's going to be so great to see all of them.

The first part of our week-long trip will be spent in the town that our friends live in, then we'll spend the rest of our time in Krakow. Ebert will be busy at his conference when we're in Krakow so I'll be venturing around the city by myself. My sister has traveled to Europe twice by herself (Spain & Italy) and I've always been a little envious of having that kind of solo adventure. I looked into flying out a few days before or after to visit other cities, like Prague or Vienna, but it just didn't work out. I guess seeing Krakow's sites solo and flying over on a separate plane will be as close to traveling by myself as I'll get on this trip.

Ebert is then going to London. His company recently opened a London office and he wants to check it out since he'll be nearby. I decided not to join him for this part of the trip since it will be all work, work, work for him and I know that I'll just want to play, play, play. In 2007, we were in London for about 24-hours. It just so happened that we had a long lay-over on our way back from Matt and Natalia's wedding in Austria. It was a whirl-wind 24-hours. We tried to see as much as we could in a short amount of time and we succeeded. We were already exhausted but all that running around just made us even more exhausted. I'd really like to visit London again but at a much slower pace when it can be a vacation trip and not a work trip. We'll have to plan for that next time.

Although my dream trip with Ebert is to go to Italy. We've both been before but never together. Now that will be an awesome adventure! Where are some of your dream places to visit?


No comments: