Tuesday, August 9, 2011

reality bites

It's been quiet on the blog these past few days and I'm truly sorry, but I've been feeling a lot like Winona Ryder's character in Reality Bites and right now my reality certainly does bite.


I thought "I'd like to make a difference in people's lives"...


and that "I was really going to be somebody by the time I was 23"...


instead I feel like I'm "in the bell jar"...


and that I've reached "the winter of our discontent".


Now, I'm thinking that "There's no point to any of this. It's all just a... a random lottery of meaningless tragedy and a series of near escapes."


But, in all honesty, deep down I know that all hope is not loss because I'm trying to "take pleasure in the details". I may not have a gas card, but I'd like to believe that I still have some ingenuity. Somewhere. Maybe.

(all images via hotflick)

No comments: