Sunday, November 20, 2011

sunday supper: thanksgivingness

I can't believe Thanksgiving is just a few days away. I am so not ready for the holiday season. I think my lack of holiday enthusiasm is partly due to Ebert and I not being able to visit my family in Phoenix this year. This will be the first Thanksgiving that my sister and I have not spent together. Somehow we've always managed to spend Thanksgivings together, which just so happens to be our favorite holiday, but this year the craziness of life is keeping us apart. As the holiday approaches I know it's going to be hard - I'm really going to miss not seeing my family this year. The good thing is that we're spending Thanksgiving with Ebert's dad and grandparents, so at least we'll be around some family. Since it's going to be a small gathering we've decided to not cook a whole turkey and to put a twist on the traditional Thanksgiving menu. It will be a delicious feast and even though we aren't all able to be together we have many, many things to be grateful for.

Turkeybreast

herb roasted turkey breast via imperrfections


Quinoastuffing9

quinoa pecan stuffing via fortheloveoffood


Mashed Potatoes 8

garlic mashed potatoes via bigapplenosh


Rootvegetables

pomegranate-glazed roasted root vegetables via healthyfoodforliving


Greenbeans

green bean casserole w/bacon & pimentos via thepioneerwoman


Cheddar and sage biscuits1

cheddar sage biscuits via twopeas&theirpod


Pumpkinpudding

baked pumpkin & sour cream pudding via smittenkitchen

What are some of your Thanksgiving traditions? This is my family's tradition for the day after Thanksgiving. I hope this Sunday finds you filled with happiness and gratitude.

Happy Cooking!


No comments: