Monday, April 1, 2013

easter fun!

Ebert and I hosted Easter brunch this year. It was our first time hosting a major holiday and our first time having any type of sit down meal for 16 people. There was a lot of borrowing of stuff and all hands were on deck but that's what's great about the holidays- everyone's in it together wanting to help out.

I decided to go with a green and yellow color theme for a springtime feel. I love how cheery and bright the apartment became with this color combination- it definitely made it look like spring inside even though it was still 40-something degrees outside. At least the sun was shining!

We used our old desk for one of the tables. I didn't have an extra-long white tablecloth, and I wasn't going to buy one, so I got creative and used what I already had which was a full-sized sheet. The green flowers were the perfect color, the size was perfect and nobody could tell the difference. I bought yellow scrap paper from Michael's for the placemats- a great idea when you don't own 16 matching placemats. It's inexpensive and you can really get creative with all the different color and design options. The flower vases are jars that I reused filled with gerber daisies and my favorite flowers.






We had so much delicious food: quiches, french toast casserole, potatoes, hash brown casserole, sausages, ham, asparagus, deviled eggs, salad, fruit, rolls…oh geez! I'm getting full just thinking about all this yummyness! The best part was that everybody brought something so all I made was a lemon zucchini loaf, mini frittatas, and...



…a pistachio apricot cake with a cream cheese marscapone frosting. Everything was delicious!

We also had a DIY Bloody Mary bar with particularly every kind of garnish. Bloody Mary's are a great brunch cocktail but I have to admit this drink is probably my favorite.







I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend filled with love and laughter, delicious food, and warm weather.

Spring is almost here in Chicago…this is so exciting!

{all images via create.your.happy}


1 comment:

Laurie N said...

Looks absolutely fabulous! Sounds yummy too. Lucky for your guests to be treated to such party.