Sunday, June 30, 2013

ice cream sunda(y)

banana strawberry ice cream via create.your.happy

It finally feels like summer in Chicago and I've been craving ice cream…like a lot! If I didn't have to think about calories or love handles or any of that I'd satiate my ice cream craving by going here- everyday if possible. Luckily, I found this recipe for a homemade two-ingredient ice cream that you can eat guilt-free. The bonus is that you don't need an ice cream maker to make this delicious summer treat, all you need is a food processor or even a blender will work.

I will admit that this doesn't taste quite like ice cream even though it is quite yummy! The banana over powers the strawberry so I would recommend using half a banana rather than a whole one and adding more frozen strawberries (or any other berry of your choice). Surprisingly though the consistency is pretty darn close to ice cream.

So go ahead, enjoy two bowls of this ice cream without worrying. That's what summer's all about, right? Being carefree!


No comments: