Saturday, November 2, 2013

new recipe: pea hummus

October's new recipe was pea hummus, or as I called it on Halloween 'Snot of Dwarf'. I paired this hummus with some homemade rosemary parmesan crackers. Both of these new recipes were delicious! I was actually surprised by how much people loved the pea hummus. The only reason I made it was because we had a Halloween potluck contest at work and we had to use client brands. My goal was to use as many client products as possible. The four client brands I used are pictured below.

For the 'Snot of Dwarf' I combined this recipe with some of this recipe to get one awesome hummus!

  • 1 can Le Seur peas, set aside 1/4 cup
  • 1 can white cannellini beans
  • half jar of Beechnut Sweet Pea baby food
  • handful of Bhuja Spicy Peas
  • curly parsley
  • olive oil
  • lots of garlic cloves
  • juice from lemon
  • ground cumin
  • smoked paprika
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • feta
  • In a food processor, pulse the parsley and olive oil. Add the peas, cannellini beans, sweet pea baby food, garlic cloves and process until it is as smooth as you like it. Add the feta, lemon juice, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to suit your taste. Once it tastes good for you then add the rest of the Le Seur peas, pulse just enough to mix not to blend- keeping some of the peas whole adds a nice texture. I drizzled some of the leftover baby food on top and crunched the Bhuja peas for some added spice. It is definitely better the next day.

    I apologize that this recipe doesn't have exact measurements but I really did just wing it. My mom always says a recipe is just a guideline- and with this recipe you can adjust any of the ingredients to your liking.

    For the crackers I followed the recipe exactly. The only thing I would do differently is to roll them out a bit thinner.

    It was a fun competition and I won this awesome prize for 'Best Use of Ingredients'!


    No comments: