Monday, November 18, 2013

this year's ornament

This year's ornament has arrived! Year five's ornament…can you believe it?

I started this year's search having already put a lot of pressure on myself to find just the perfect ornament. Sure, I wanted something "just a little bit fancier" but I had no idea what that was. All I knew was that I wanted something special because celebrating five years of marriage is something special. Luckily, I came across Timber Green Woods on my first etsy search. I knew this was the ornament as soon as I saw it and it was a good thing Ebert did too! It wasn't as fancy as I thought I had originally wanted but it ended up capturing everything that I was looking for- something special and heartfelt. And the best part is that it comes from Wisconsin where Mike's family roots are. Perfect, right?

Now, I'm not one to get overly excited about Christmas and I don't hang decorations throughout our apartment but this year there will be a tree in our window with white lights and all five of our ornaments will be hanging on our tree for all to see. It will be merry and bright!


No comments: