Sunday, March 20, 2011

sunday supper: hello, spring!

Spring is here...finally...and I couldn't be happier! It was such a long winter, at times I felt like I would never see blue skies again or feel the warmth of the sun against my skin. I know, I know...a bit dramatic, but being cooped up for months at at time will do that to you.

When I first started looking for recipes to feature on this joyous day I kept thinking about the flavors of spring- what flavors remind me of spring? And for some reason I kept tasting lemon, asparagus and goat cheese. I don't know why those ingredient's "sprung" to mind, but they did. So here are some spring-time recipes for you to enjoy!

asparagus, goat cheese and lemon pasta via smittenkitchen

lemon scented quinoa with asparagus via eggsonsunday

asparagus, fingerling potatoes and goat cheese pizza via achowlife

shaved asparagus salad via eatmoredrinkmore

lemon goat cheese cheesecake via tartlette

Happy first day of spring!

No comments: