Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Heart full of love, wanting to do my best."

It's been a lazy Saturday morning- sleeping in, sipping on coffee, reading blogs, husband making me breakfast. This kind of slow-paced, perfect morning was needed after a trying week. There were times this week when I felt like everything I did was wrong, that I wasn't good enough, and that I will forever be stuck in this place of failure.

Then I read this post from Superhero Life. Although I don't have kids I could still relate to those moments of when you feel "the rage increasing, the boiling blood, the out-of-control feeling." And as much as I, too, would love to be able to laugh at the absurdity of it all I usually cry.

I'm so grateful that there are superheroes like Andrea who are willing to open up their hearts and share their stories because I'm also learning

"how incredibly flawed and human and not-at-all perfect I am. I’m learning to have compassion for myself and how hard this is and how to make amends and show up again and again. Heart full of love, wanting to do my best."

And for the record, amidst this trying week there were also some happy, jump up for joy moments.


No comments: