Monday, September 3, 2012

good morning, sunrise!




Ebert and I rode our bikes to the lake this morning to watch the sunrise. It was a beautiful way to start the day. I'm usually not one for waking up at 5:45am, especially on a holiday weekend when I've been given an extra day to sleep in - I like my sleep. However, Ebert's been tweeting some awesome sunrise pics on his morning rides before work and I just couldn't resist an opportunity to wake up early to see it (with the option of going back to sleep an hour later). The sunrise was worth it, and as tempting as it was to crawl back under the covers when we got home, my enthusiasm (albeit a groggy enthusiasm) for having a few more hours to create my happy won. And I'm glad!

I also realized this was the farthest east I've ever seen the sunrise!

{all images via create.your.happy}


No comments: