Friday, November 23, 2012

handmade holiday day 1

It's Black Friday, the start of the holiday shopping frenzy. I'm avoiding any and all retail stores this weekend. As much as I love a good deal there really isn't anything that I have to have that I'm willing to stand in a long line for.*

There are always so many great gift guides during the holiday season, hers is one my favorite, so I thought I'd join in on the fun this year. From now until Christmas Eve I'll be sharing gift ideas that you can make yourself or that someone else has handmade with love.

The first handmade gift idea I'm sharing is this spiced ginger cake & rosemary apple butter from Roost- keep the flavors of fall lingering through the cold winter months.

*Ebert did ask his aunt, who was braving the crowds last night, to pick this up for him. He didn't want to stand in line himself but he figured if someone else was already going to then why not get it. Brilliant idea! I'm excited to use it and it was very nice of his aunt to do that for us.


No comments: