Tuesday, November 20, 2012

butternut squash galette

In preparation for all the Thanksgiving baking I'll be doing tomorrow I've been practicing making pie dough from scratch. Instead of baking a sweet dessert like this I decided to bake something savory and found this recipe. There was a lot of prep work with this recipe and I do mean A LOT! Give yourself a full afternoon for this one especially if you don't make pie dough from scratch very often. But let me tell you that all the time put into making this galette will be worth it...it is delicious!

And if you want to know the difference between a crostata and a galette you can find out here. And don't these just look amazing?

I'll be sharing my Thanksgiving baking over the next couple of days. What do you make for Thanksgiving?


No comments: