Friday, August 6, 2010

fritz pastry

If you haven't been to Fritz Pastry, then you need to check out the awesomeness of this adorably quaint pastry and coffee shop.

IMG_1977.jpg


I'll be quite honest - I love this place! And coming from me, the quintessential coffee snob that I am, that says a lot. For 6 1/2 years I donned the green apron of a barista/coffee master, so I know my coffee. Yes, I worked at that chain coffee shop. The one that seems to be on every street corner in America, which you can see in this hilarious video. But, lets get back to coffee.

There's nothing worse than a bad cup of coffee. And, unfortunately, I've had too many weak, bitter, water-downed, tea-like, old tasting, burnt, cups of coffee at mom and pop shops. I hate to admit this but most times I'll choose the chain coffee shop over a local business because I know what to expect. There is a consistency of standards at the chain places that I don't always experience at local ones. Don't get be wrong, I've had crappy cups of coffee at the chain stores as well, but not as often as at mom and pop shops.

So, when I first went to Fritz's I was a little skeptical. But, it's hard to walk in to this place and not immediately fall in love with it. The brown and robin's egg blue decor is very cute! This vintage, modern look has a sophisticated, yet homey feel to it. I could definitely spend an afternoon here reading a book or surfing the web on their free wi-fi.

All skepticism immediately vanished when I looked into their pastry case full of homemade goodies. Macaroons, brioches, donuts, danishes, croissants, muffins, cakes, tarts, cookies....so much deliciousness to choose from. And so far everything I've tried has been scrumptious!!!

Now, on to the real deal-breaker....their coffee. Well, let me just say whether it's been hot or iced I've always had a great cup of coffee at Fritz's. It's the perfect dark, yet subtly bold blend that I like in a cup of coffee. I'll gladly pay $2 for a cup to support this local business. And the best part - it's right down the street from our apartment. Mmmmm......maybe that's not so good!!!

No comments: