Sunday, August 22, 2010

sunday supper: red velvet cake

It's been a busy bike racing weekend for me. I've been helping Ebert out with the ABD Winfield Criterium. Ebert is race director extraordinaire for this event. And, in case you didn't know, he is pretty much amazing at everything he does.

I can't believe that even with all the race preparations that I was still able to find time to bake a cake. Of course, I waited until the last minute to get all of my ingredients, so I was once again up late baking. That also happened when I baked the German Chocolate Cake a few weeks ago- I think I might need to start budgeting my time better. But, I ended up with yummy Red Velvet Cake for Ebert's dad Greg. Red Velvet Cake with Butter Cream frosting is Greg's fave and it was to celebrate his birthday.

I haven't eaten too many red velvet cakes myself, so I don't know how it compares to others. Everyone said they like it, so I guess I'll just have to trust their taste buds. I found this cake recipe from Pinch My Salt. The only thing I changed was that I used 1 ounce of red food coloring, instead of 2 ounces. I just couldn't use that much food coloring. And since Butter Cream frosting was requested I used this frosting recipe. Apparently, it's the best frosting you'll ever have!

Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pictures later. If not, Happy Baking!!!

No comments: