Wednesday, November 3, 2010

secrets of greatness

Whenever I feel a bit discouraged, when I don't think that I can muster up the energy to keep it at, when I just want to give up, I read this article.

It's a great reminder that I will never achieve anything, let alone greatness, by half-assing it or by not putting in the work. Yes, there are some days when I have to force myself to sit in front of my computer to write or do anything creative. And, yes, there will be days when I won't want to do anything, when it will be harder than I ever thought possible and I will just want to give up, live a mediocre life. But, I have to be diligent, put the time in, show up every day and create my practice. If I want the life that I want, then I have to keep at it...no matter what.

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."

- John Quincy Adams

No comments: