Saturday, February 26, 2011

and the oscar goes to...


This is the first year in all my years of Oscar watching that I've actually seen all the nominated films for Best Picture. I always get excited about watching the Oscars, as an actor it's like my Superbowl, and this year is no exception. In fact, I might even be more excited due to the fact that I saw all 10 films- watching all the nominated films for Best Picture is on my list of 30 Things To Do Before I Turn 31. But, when this year's nominees were announced I was doubtful that I'd be able to cross this off my list since I had only seen one out of the ten nominated films. I knew I was in for a lot of movie watching in a short amount of time if I wanted to accomplish this small goal, but I decided that I was up for the challenge. I started adding to our Netflix queue, renting from iTunes (which I highly suggest doing), and scheduling movie dates with friends. Of course, I procrastinated a bit which meant I had to watch four films this week, three of them in the past three days. Talk about cutting it close. Sheesh!

Some of my picks aren't necessarily who I want to win, but who I think will win. I hope I'm wrong in those categories. We'll find out tomorrow.

And the Oscar goes to...

Picture: The Social Network
Actor: Colin Firth
Supporting Actor: Geoffrey Rush
Actress: Natalie Portman
Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo
Director: David Fincher
Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network
Original Screenplay: Inception
Cinematography: True Grit
Editing: The Social Network
Foreign Language: Biutiful
Animated Film: Toy Story 3
Documentary (Feature): Gasland
Documentary (Short Subject): The Warriors of Qiugang
Art Direction: Alice In Wonderland
Costume Design: Alice In Wonderland
MakeUp: The Wolfman
Music (Original Score): The Social Network
Music (Original Song): 127 Hours
Short Film (Animated): Day & Night
Short Film (Live Action): Na Wewe
Sound Editing: Inception
Sound Mixing: Inception
Visual Effects: Alice In Wonderland

No comments: