Wednesday, February 23, 2011

paciugo

The winter blues, cabin fever, seasonal effect disorder, what have you is beating down on me. And the gorgeous warm weather we had last week didn't help either- it was such a tease! Now it's all cold and snowy again with nothing but gloom in the forecast.

I cannot wait for spring! I cannot wait to eat ice cream again! I don't know about you, but ice cream just doesn't do it for me during the winter time. I only crave warmth during these long dreary months. Although looking at the creamy, melting goodness of the gelato in this picture is making me think twice. I'm telling you as soon as it gets above 70 degrees I'm going to enjoy three scoops of gelato awesomeness from Paciugo. I know it's a chain gelato store, and I'm really trying to only feature local Chicago shops, but seriously it's so good! And you'll be happy to know that each store has gelato masters who make fresh gelato every morning. That's local enough for me.

It's been so long since I've been there I can't remember what flavors are in this picture, but they always feature unique combinations that pop, blend, then melt in your mouth. And the best part - they aren't stingy about samples. If you can't make up your mind, which is me every time I go in there, they'll be happy to let you try all the flavors until you find your favorite. I would only suggest doing this during slow times, otherwise the line of people who are waiting out the door could start to riot. I can't really blame them, they just want some gelato too!

I don't know if this is the best gelato shop in Chicago seeing how it's the only one I've been to, but so far it's my favorite. If you think you know of the best place then please share in the comment section. I'd love to check out your recommendations...during spring and summer time, of course!

No comments: