Sunday, February 6, 2011

sunday supper: bacon anything

I won't be watching the "big game" today, even though I'll be at a superbowl party. I'm just not a sports watching kind of gal. But, all this game-day talk got me thinking about the perfect kinds of superbowl party food—and what's a party without bacon. Bacon anything.

In all honesty I've never had real bacon. I grew up a vegetarian and I've only been eating meat (poultry) for the past 8 years. However, I will admit that even during my veggie days the smell of bacon was pretty damn good. I don't consider myself a full-fledged carnivore yet- I'm still very particular about what kinds of meat I eat and, alas, bacon is not on that list, but turkey bacon is. So, feel free to substitute turkey bacon for any of these recipes. I'm sure it'll be just as good!

IMG 4737
Bacon Wrapped Dates

I made these bacon wrapped dates for New Year's Eve and they were oh so yummy! I did use turkey bacon and only stuffed half of them with goat cheese, the other half I left plain. I think adding an almond to them would be a nice, crunchy addition.

Cream Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Jalapenos via Life'sAmbrosia

Sweet Potatoes with Blue Cheese & Bacon via familyfreshcooking

Bacon Pops! via TheKitchn

Candied Bacon and Rosemary Shortbread via tiffintales

Happy Cooking!

No comments: