Wednesday, October 20, 2010

bakin' & eggs

I don't normally order oatmeal at restaurants. When I go out to eat for breakfast I want to indulge in pancakes, french toast, potatoes, omelettes - you know the real yummy stuff! I make oatmeal at home, I don't, however, make french toast for breakfast. So, when a friend and I recently dined at Bakin' & Eggs I was surprised that the oatmeal sounded like the most delicious thing on the menu. The banana pecan bread french toast sounded amazing as well, but I pushed aside my usual carb-spolsion cravings and gave in to the healthy temptation. As the heaping bowl of oatmeal with brown sugar, streusel topping and a berry compote was placed in front of me I knew I had made the right decision. And I loved that all the fixings came on the side- on the side is very important to me. I was able to create the best combination of compote/streusel/brown sugar goodness to mix in to my oatmeal. It was so delicious!

Bakin' & Eggs is now serving a Fall Oatmeal- house made pear buttter, lovely pecan streusal and brown sugar. How amazing does that sound? Perfect for Fall. And you know how much I love the sounds, and colors, and smells, and tastes of fall.

IMG_2676.JPG

No comments: