Sunday, October 10, 2010

sunday supper: basil, chicken & orzo soup

I've been sick all week. I hate being sick. I, especially, hate being sick when there is deliciously warm fall weather outside and I can't enjoy any of it. But, this basil, chicken & orzo soup is helping me feel better. I cooked garlic brown rice and added that to the soup instead of the orzo because I didn't want the gluten from the orzo when I have a stuffy nose. Although, I did have some bread on the side so my thought process doesn't make much sense, except that the garlic brown rice is so good and made the soup extra garlicky. As far as I'm concerned, you can never have too much garlic. And as gimmesomeoven says this is "wonderfully herb-a-licious" when you add more fresh basil the next day.
IMG_3352.JPG

No comments: