Friday, October 8, 2010

creating your happy

There are times (many, many times mind you) when I have zero idea on how to create my happy. I know what I want my happy to be. I know what makes my heart sing, but at times it feels so much bigger than me, like it's out of my reach and I have to wait for some magical force to appear. Now, here's a crazy thought- what if it is all magic? What if it's out of my reach because I've been reaching outside of myself, rather than searching inside myself for the magic. I told you it was a crazy thought. But, what's crazier? Believing I have magical powers to create my happy or doing nothing? Oh, I have doubts, lots and lots of them. I mean how can I possibly create my happy when I'm not getting auditions, or when I do audition not getting callbacks, or not selling any jewelry on etsy, or getting distracted by the piles of laundry on the floor that I think is more important than writing, or not being called in for "real job" interviews. The list goes on and on, and it can be quite distressing. But, here I am writing, creating something. Even if it's not very good writing, it's still creating. And, you know what? It does kinda feel magical.

Can you feel your own magic? What are you going to do today to create your happy?

No comments: