Sunday, April 10, 2011

sunday supper: artichokes

I'll admit that recently I haven't been cooking any of the recipes that I've been sharing and tonight's supper is no exception- we'll be enjoying the delicious leftovers from last night's dinner at Rose Angelis (more on that later). All the recipes I share with you are ones that I would cook myself, but I've been cooking more hodge-podge dishes and not trying as many new recipes as I would like to. Although we did make something last week that I've never made before and I can't wait to tell you about it. We even had to buy something special in order to make it. Very exciting!

Now, I wasn't always a fan of artichokes- unless it was artichoke hearts I felt it was a lot of work with not enough of a payoff. But, my tastes have evolved and now I can appreciate the lightness and delicacy of eating this spring superfood.

artichokes w/figs via myfrenchkitchen

arugula salad w/artichokes & lemon-thyme vinaigrette via darkredcrema

millet-stuffed artichokes via fatfreevegan

artichokes & cheesy grits via norecipes

asparagus, artichoke & shitake risotto via smittenkitchen

Happy Cooking!

No comments: