Sunday, September 25, 2011

fall fun

IMG 8979
IMG 8976
IMG 8977
IMG 8981

{all images via create.your.happy}


I went to the Lincoln Square Apple Fest yesterday afternoon. It was my first official fall fun activity and it really got me excited about the change of seasons. I'm now looking forward to the crisp, cool air (although it's raining today and I am not excited about that), the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg, and the wearing of scarves and boots. I was very tempted to take home that big skillet of homemade apple pie, but I decided that a bag of apples would be a better choice - I am now rethinking that decision. I love just walking through the crowds of people as I make my way to each vendor's tent to admire their artfully organized displays. There was something peaceful about watching people stand in line for a cup of apple cider, couples sharing an apple pizza, and parents helping their kids pick out the best little pumpkin. Maybe it was just all the smiles and laughter that filled the square, but whatever it was it was apple-tastic!

Here are some other fall fun activities I'm looking forward to -

  • Oktoberfest at St. Alphonsus

  • pumpkin donuts in a pumpkin patch at Pumpkinfest

  • apple picking and cider donuts at Kuipers Family Farm

  • autumn beer tasting in the garden

  • There will also be lots of new recipes to try this fall. I actually kind of missed cooking and baking this summer.

    What are some of your fall fun plans?

    No comments: