Monday, August 6, 2012

watermelon cocktail

IMG 1756

Watermelon is one of my favorite summer fruits. I bought one the other day and have already eaten half of it...by myself. I guess Ebert doesn't like watermelon as much as I do. I've been wanting to eat the other half but then I started to think that maybe I should get my husband to eat some too. I mean, why shouldn't he enjoy "the fruits of our labor" just as much as I have? I certainly could eat the other half all by myself (and would enjoy doing so), but it's probably best that I don't, so this is what I came up with...

I combined this recipe with this recipe for a deliciously, refreshing watermelon-jalapeno cocktail. And friends, let me tell you, it's good. It's really good. This might just be a new summer favorite!

You could also make this without alcohol and it would still be delicious. And in case this drink doesn't sound like the most amazing cocktail ever here are some other ideas for watermelon. Notice that most of these recipes use cubed watermelon because, really, that's the only way to eat it.


No comments: