Tuesday, July 15, 2014

another year older

Today is my birthday. I'm another year older. But instead of the usual dread I've been feeling about getting older, I've decided that I want to always be as excited for my birthday as I was in this picture. I don't want the magic of birthdays to disappear just because I'm all grown up. I'm celebrating this day because I am so very grateful for being on this journey of life, for being given another day to make the most of my time here. I know that sounds a bit corny but I'm allowed a little sentimentality on my birthday.

It's been a lovely day! I spent it exactly how I wanted to…by creating my happy! Now, I'm just waiting for Ebert to get home- spending the day with the person I get most excited about seeing would have been the only thing that could have been this day better.


No comments: