Tuesday, July 8, 2014

puerto rico: part three

Ha! I just discovered this post. It's been sitting in a draft folder since February. I can't believe I never posted it. All I had to do was finish writing a few things and it would have been ready to share. I have been such a lazy blogger this first half of 2014. I don't have any excuses except that I let self-doubt get in my way. Sometimes I feel like I don't have anything worth sharing, that no one reads my blog, and that it doesn't inspire the few people who do. And that's just silliness because when I write it makes me happy and that's kind of the point of this blog. It doesn't matter how many people read it as long as I'm happy writing. Although I do realize that I need to step up my game and get busy creating my happy. This is a great reminder that there's a lot I still want to accomplish before another year comes and goes, and I can do it all if I just stART doing it. Really, that's all there is to it. Just get busy creating- do a lot of work, especially the work that makes me happy.

And, finally, here are the last photos from our 5-year anniversary trip to Puerto Rico.

At our rainforest hotel, El Hotelito.

This was the driveway up to the hotel and, of course, we got stuck in the mud on our first day.

Luckily, the hotel owners came to our rescue and we made it safely up to the hill. However, there were several other times during our stay when we got stuck in the mud or stranded at the bottom of the hill. Needless to say, I hated that muddy road.

But we eventually conquered it on foot!

The view from our room overlooking the rainforest and you could see all the way out to the sea.

A new friend in our room.


Another view from the hotel patio looking out to the sea.

We visited the El Yunque rainforest and hiked to a waterfall.



A couple of sun-kissed sweeties celebrating 5 years together.


And then we said good-bye to the island and headed back home to Chicago. It was good to come back home but we were not excited about the cold. In fact, we're still not excited about the cold. This winter is never-ending and I'm so over it.*

*Eventually winter came to an end because it's now summer and there's no place like Chicago in the summer time.


No comments: