Thursday, July 17, 2014

raw food cleanse: day 2

I really like cooked food. This is what I've come to realize from Day 2 of this raw food cleanse. There are just some foods that taste better cooked, like broccoli. I tried eating raw broccoli today but it doesn't taste as good as when it's steamed or roasted.

This morning was similar to yesterday morning. When I woke up I took a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, then drank a glass of warm lemon water and, yes, I did drink coffee again. I'm weak. I know it, but coffee is just so good. Then, I drank a green smoothie. I forgot to mention yesterday that I also had a green smoothie for breakfast. My go-to green smoothie consists of spinach, a banana, mango pieces, water and coconut oil. It's a simple and delicious recipe.

I didn't have a mid-morning snack today, but lunch was similar to yesterday - cauliflower rice, kale, but I added raw broccoli instead of an avocado. And this is when I realized that cooked broccoli is more delicious than raw broccoli. I ate an apricot, raw nuts and some raisins for my afternoon snack. I was feeling particularly hungry this afternoon so I ate way more for my snack than I did on Day 1. I think this was because I didn't drink as much water as I did yesterday. I have a tiny bladder so I hate having to go to the bathroom every half hour, it gets annoying. I know that's a terrible reason for not drinking more water, but it's the truth.

I wasn't feeling very motivated to make anything new for dinner especially since I had so many leftovers from yesterday so I pretty much ate the same thing as I did yesterday - cauliflower rice sans kale but with an avocado, sauerkraut, and some cucumber salad. I was still feeling a bit hungry so I also ate some cherries and strawberries. I feel pretty satiated right now. I'd say the main thing that I'm craving is a drink. I sound like a lush but really it's because it's the perfect summer evening for a cocktail. One more day to go.


No comments: